Current Community Updates
• The community-wide Coronavirus Test Collection Center will be open Monday through Friday from 8 am to 6 pm, and Saturday from 9 am to noon at Arena Park in Cape Girardeau. This is a joint endeavor between SoutheastHEALTH, Saint Francis Healthcare System, Cape Girardeau County Public Health and City of Cape Girardeau.
• The Coronavirus Community Nurse Hotline is staffed from 7 am to 5 pm, seven days a week. Nurses provide screening for anyone that thinks they have been exposed to COVID-19. If a patient meets the strict DHSS and CDC screening criteria, the patient will be directed to the Coronavirus Test Collection Center. Anyone seeking a test must first call the hotline at 573-331-4200.
Cape Girardeau County COVID-19 Public Health Proclamation remains in effect:
1. Limit your public exposure. Go to work, conduct essential business, and go home.
2. Limit gatherings to groups of 10 or less.
3. Implement personal protective measures, such as staying home when ill and washing hands frequently.
4. Avoid non-essential travel.
5. Actively engage in social distancing by staying at least 6 feet from others.