BOLLINGER COUNTY, MO (March 25, 2020) – The Bollinger County Health Center has confirmed its first presumptive-positive case of COVID-19 in Bollinger County. The individual is a 60 year old male and is currently on home isolation, following the guidance of the CDC.
The Bollinger County Health Center continues to work with the Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services (DHSS) and the CDC to identify and contact people who may have come into contact with the individual while they were infectious and will monitor them for fever and respiratory symptoms. No other information will be provided about the patient.
To reduce risk and prevent the spread of COVID-19, we encourage following these basic preventative measures:
- Wash hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol.
- Avoid touching eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands
- Stay home if you are sick
- Cover coughs and sneezes
- Clean and disinfect high-touch surfaces frequently
- Practice social distancing
- Postpone any non-essential activities
- Limit or avoid person-to-person interaction
If you suspect that you have COVID-19 or have been exposed to someone with COVID-19, call your healthcare provider to let them know before seeking care. It is critical that your provider is aware that you may have COVID-19 prior to your arrival at a healthcare facility, and that you follow all instructions for arriving at a healthcare facility.