We are monitoring the COVID-19 situation continuously and following the guidance and direction of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), as well as state and county officials. For the safety of our patients, visitors and staff, we are taking the following actions at Saint Francis Healthcare System:
CAPE GIRARDEAU, Mo. – We are monitoring the COVID-19 situation continuously and
following the guidance and direction of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC),
as well as state and county officials. Saint Francis Healthcare System has set up Incident
Command and meets twice daily.
For the safety of our patients, visitors and staff, we are taking the following actions at Saint
Francis Healthcare System:
- We are working on a Coronavirus Test Collection Center with the City of Cape Girardeau including Police, Fire, Parks and Recreation and leadership, Cape Girardeau County Public Health and SoutheastHEALTH.
- Saint Francis Healthcare System offers a dedicated Nurse Coronavirus Hotline. Our nurses answer any COVID-19 questions as well as provide screenings and next steps if needed. This hotline is available Monday through Friday from 8 am to 5 pm at 573-331-4200. The plan is to extend hours and days as needed. This hotline is for calls related to coronavirus screening only. The screening questions can also be completed online at sfmc.net/COVID19qanda If you think you may have been exposed to COVID-19, you must call our hotline first to find out if you meet the strict guidelines. If you qualify, our team will direct you to one of our three dedicated testing locations.
- We continue restricting visitors and entrance to Saint Francis Medical Center. Effective
tomorrow, Friday, March 20, we are closing two more entrances. Entrances 1, 5, 6, 7 and 9 will be closed. Entrances 2, 3, 4 and 8 remain open with varied hours. Only two visitors are permitted per admitted patient for the entire hospitalization. No visitors are permitted for adult ICU, isolation, emergency or cancer patients. No visitor under the age of 12 are permitted. No visitors are permitted entry after 10 pm. All visitors and patients are screened upon each entry into the Medical Center.
- We are limiting the number of people who accompany patients to a scheduled appointment or Urgent Care visit at all clinic locations. All visitors or family members will be asked to return to their vehicles. Exceptions are made for those accompanying minor children who have appointments or the elderly and people with a disability who need assistance. All patients and/or visitors are screened before entering our clinics.
- Beginning Monday, March 23, Saint Francis Medical Center is postponing all elective
surgeries and procedures until further notice.
- Both Fitness Plus locations (Cape Girardeau and Dexter) are closed until further notice.
When Fitness Plus re-opens, all members will receive a credit reflecting the time closed.
- Outside clergy members are no longer permitted to visit patients. We will utilize our own Pastoral Care staff and electronic methods to minister to patients.
Saint Francis Healthcare System is guided by our mission to provide a ministry of healing, wellness, quality and love inspired by our faith in Jesus Christ. Founded by Franciscan Sisters in 1875, our priority remains the same: serve all who enter with dignity, compassion and joy. Serving nearly 715,000 people across Missouri, Illinois, Kentucky, Tennessee and Arkansas, our focus is on patients’ outcomes, experience and value.
Anchored by Saint Francis Medical Center, a 306-bed tertiary hospital, and supported by more than 3,000 colleagues and nearly 300 providers in 11 communities, the Healthcare System is a driving economic force in the region. Major services include Primary Care, Gastroenterology, Cancer Institute, Emergency and Level III Trauma Center, Heart Hospital, Neurosciences, Orthopedics, Family BirthPlace and the region’s first Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit.